Summary of Position
Our HVAC Service Technician independently performs diagnoses, repairs, maintenance, and installations of medium-sized to more complex commercial and/or residential air conditioning, refrigeration, and electrical systems/equipment. You will work with various types of tools, gauges, measuring equipment under guidance from project managers and superintendents. You will perform activities listed below as well as any other duties that may be required by the position.
- Minimum of 5 years commercial HVAC service experience.
- High school diploma, GED, or diploma equivalent required.
- EPA Certification Preferred.
- Able to effectively diagnose, repair, install and maintain commercial HVAC, refrigeration, and electrical systems/equipment.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment.
- Able to competently use a variety of gauges, meters, measuring instruments, hand and power tools, and equipment.
- Able to read blueprints, schematic drawings, and specifications.
- Able to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle (as evidenced by past driving performance record) and to adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Maintain on-going required continued education, professional licenses, and/or certifications as required by the position.
- Stable work history showing responsibility and professional growth.
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors, and customers.
- Able to stand, walk, talk, see with 20/20 vision (naturally or corrected), hear within normal range, and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Able to maintain precision and concentration during physically demanding tasks. Includes ability to:
- Tolerate extreme environmental conditions (with use of personal protective equipment) including: extreme heat, cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dusts, poor ventilation, gases, and oils.
- Independently lift and carry objects with weights ranging from 20 to 80 pounds.
- Climb and maintain balance on ladders, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, etc.
- Able to work skillfully with both hands throughout the day including: twist, finger, grasp, and feel equipment and materials.
- May be exposed to wet slippery floors, objects on floor, and various chemicals and sharp objects.
- Able to work 8 hours per day on surfaces that may be dirt, carpet, concrete, wood, tile, and/or vinyl
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Diagnose HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, and electrical system performance through observation, testing, and setup.
- Disassemble and reassemble commercial or residential equipment to perform trouble shooting and preventative maintenance.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, gauges, and measuring equipment to perform service to the equipment and/or mechanical system.
- Works well independently, under pressure and without close supervision in order to identify customer needs and provide solutions.
- Give and receive written and verbal instructions.
- Explains the service charges and work performed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Complete work orders, task lists and documents to verify work performed as needed to conform to customer invoicing requirements.
- Orders materials through our purchasing department manager.
- Operates a commercial vehicle and trailer.
- Reconciles work order documents, vendor packing slips and weekly timesheets for supervisor review.